Leitnerwand (2361m) und Überseilspitze (2458m) vom Weiler Afens im Pfitscher Tal aus gesehen
Italy, South Tirol, Wiesen, Heilig Grab Kapelle bei Schloss Moos. The chapel was built in an octagonal form on the initiative of Daniel von Elzenbaum at that time administrator of the parish of Sterzing. The chapel was consecrated in 1631 and is formed by a room sufficient to accommodate a simulacrum of the Holy Sepulchre which is decorated and open to the public every year for Easter.
Italy, South Tirol, Wiesen, Schloss Moos. The Moos Castle is mentioned for the first time in a written document in 1325 and was owned by the Trautson family. In the following years the castle changed several owners and in 1600 was restored on commission of Christoph Geizkofler. The Moos Castle was efficiently protected by the “marsh of Sterzing” which extended until to Wiesen. The South Tirol Winemakers Association acquired the castle in 1950, restored it without substantial changing and destined it as a retirement home for the elderly.
Italy, South Tirol, Wiesen, Pfitscherstraße, Pfarrkirche Hl. Kreuz. The church is mentioned for the first time in a written document in 1337 and it is reported that has been consecrated once in 1434. The present church has a massive bell tower and was built with blocks of granite under the supervision of Adam Schaiter of Sterzing in Late Gothic and Renaissance style. In the 19th century was restored freeding the interior by the Gothic elements. The ceiling frescoes are by Josef Renzler dating from 1841.
Italy, South Tirol, Wiesen, Pfitscherstraße, Pfarrkirche Hl. Kreuz. The church is mentioned for the first time in a written document in 1337 and it is reported that has been consecrated once in 1434. The present church has a massive bell tower and was built with blocks of granite under the supervision of Adam Schaiter of Sterzing in Late Gothic and Renaissance style. In the 19th century was restored freeding the interior by the Gothic elements. The ceiling frescoes are by Josef Renzler dating from 1841.